1. Deirdre Monaghan, is feeling sick, nerve-wracking, her musical presentation is about to begin and in front of lots of people, although she knows she is ready for this, fear sick her. And that’s how she meets Luke, the boy of her dreams. After meeting Luke, Dee starts noticing a bunch of weird stuff; also there are these four - leaf clovers that are always appearing everywhere. The Faerie Queen is looking for her, and she wants Dee death. Dee is not going to have a normal summer.
2. It is a beautiful book, with a beautiful cover, the clovers and the sword on the tree shows the Irish touch that is required in a Fairy Tale.
3. Its target is teenagers and young adults; also it is full with fantasy a paranormal romance.
4. Maggie Stiefvater manages to capture ourselves with this story, the content is precise and tidy, we have the touch of mystery but there is no confusion, the narrative is perfect. The scenes are wonderfully described and the characters are well detailed. We can listen perfectly to the Gaelic sounds about which the book speaks. She transports us with images, sounds and smells to an urban world but surrounded by magic and fantasy. And the main characters become part of us.
5. Once I started reading Lament I couldn’t stop, definitely a page turner. I loved it. All the magic and fantasy make this a charming book. It has everything in the exact measure. Romance, mystery, intrigues, fantasy and specially it have Luke, the perfect hero, he like a little of a bad guy, a little romantic, and a wonderful musician, what else can we ask?, handsome you may ask, well he is totally!! Dee is a self-sufficient girl, she is not a weak heroine, and on the contrary she defends herself. And James, Dee’s faithful friend, is graceful and funny and not at all stupid.
6. An awesome book, on of my favorites this year. Can’t wait to read Ballad.
7. Totally recommend it, if you like fairy tales and fantasy surrounded by romance and mystery this book is for you. I give it 5 Crazy Book Cats.
You can get it at: